News and Events
It's not easy being a local, independent farmer. In fact, it's quite possibly the toughest gig in the food industry. Colorado is lucky enough to have some amazing local farms helping put delicious food on all of our tables. These farmers rely very closely on their crops and their yields to put food on their own tables and to support their families, and many of them had their harvest wiped out by the recent floods.
Here's where you can help, simply by dining out:
This year our very own chefs Brandon Biederman (Ace, Steuben's) and Brandon Foster (Vesta Dipping Grill) will join chefs Troy Guard (TAG), Jorel Pierce (Euclid Hall), Tyler Skrivanek (Duo), Mitch Mayers (Black Pearl) and Jeff Osaka (twelverestaurant) to create a refined, yet earthy vegetarian feast entitled Urban Bounty. As the name suggests, these city chefs will not only showcase the beautiful flavors of locally grown produce, but the food will be bountiful, as well.
So all of you veggie lovers fed up with the same old Portobello 'steaks' and vegetarian menus that leave you hungry for more, Urban Bounty promises to deliver a meal that looks and tastes like the work of 7 of Denver's finest chefs.
For tickets, click here.
Steuben's will be open for regular weekday business hours on the 4th of July, beginning at 11:00 AM. We look forward to sharing our favorite regional American dishes with you on one of our favorite holidays!
9News gave us a visit to try some of the new Spring Menu items they had heard about.
Watch the story here:
Now that it seems Spring has finally settled in, we are excited to officially unveil some new additions to our menu!
- After rave reviews as a special, the Oyster Po' Boy has finally found a permanent home at Steuben's.
- Who doesn't love a good Chicken Marsala? I'm sure most of you East Coast transplants remember where you used to go for your favorite Marsala back home...
- And, while the Lox & Bagel Salad or the Peel & Eat Shrimp could arguably be considered additional overtures to our friends from the Eastern seaboard, the new Thursday night Paella special should win fans from all over.
- Need more proof that we love our friends from all over the country? Well, we've added Homemade Apple Pie to the dessert menu. (Don't worry, the Wacky Apple has not been replaced...)
Check out some great pictures of the new menu items as well as Kate Gibbons' take on the new dishes at Cafe Society.
Thanks to the many great voters that took the time to support Steuben's during Westword's Best Of Denver polls, we took home the Readers Choice Awards for Best Mac & Cheese and Best Chicken & Waffles. What an honor! Also on our mantle is the Editor's Choice Award for the Best Official Snack Food Of Colorado: The Steubie Snack. Read about these delicious, bundles of (pork) joy here.
Thanks again, Denver, Boulder, and the 'burbs! It's been a great pleasure having you join us in 2012, we hope to see you all in 2013... Cheers!
Another Chance to Vote: 5280’s Top of the Town
As many of you perennial voters know, 5280’s Top of the Town voting takes place right around the same time as Westword’s Best of Denver poll. While the Westword has some unique and interesting awards, 5280 stays a more traditional route when it comes to categories. We find both to be very useful guides to great local stores and restaurants. To vote for the 2013 awards or to check out the 2012 Top of the Town, click here.
Need a second opinion? If you thought about voting for any of our restaurants in the following categories, we couldn’t agree more!
Best French Fries
Best Food Truck
Best Noodle Bowl (Spicy Pork Ramen)
Best Patio Dining
Best Cocktail Menu
Best Wine List
Best Gluten Free Menu
Restaurant Week Is Just Around the Corner
The countdown is on… We will be hard at work all week preparing to launch our Restaurant Week menu starting February 23rd. Take a peek at our Restaurant Week menu here. Planning on going out all week? Check out Ace and Vesta Dipping Grill’s menus as well, here and here. Finally, if all of this voting and menu reading is making you thirsty, you are in luck. Steuben’s bar manager, Ryan Layman, has shared the recipe to one of his favorite drinks from our cocktail menu, the Sazerac, for you to enjoy at home:
2 oz Bulleit Rye Whiskey
Splash of Absinthe
4 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
1 large sugar cube
Muddle sugar cube and bitters in cocktail mixing glass with a very small splash of water. Add whiskey and stir. Strain into a chilled, Absinthe rinsed rocks glass. (Add a splash of Absinthe, swirl around the glass, and pour out.) Garnish with a lemon twist and enjoy!
- New Fall Menu Items
- 5280 Behind The Scenes - The Healthiest Week at Steuben's
- How to be awesome while eating out
- Sep. 24 - Steuben's, Ace, and Vesta at Harvest Week!
- Steuben's Open on the 4th of July!
- 9News Samples New Menu Items At Steuben's & Ace
- Check out some new Spring Menu items!
- Steuben's Takes Home 3 Best of Denver Awards
- Vesta Dipping Grill Featured on Travel Channel's Food Paradise
- 5280 Top of the Town Voting